Saturday, August 30, 2014

One Week Down

What a great first week! I can already see that this will be a wonderful bunch of young men. For the most part, they have all come in with the right attitude. They seem eager to learn and eager to please, and you can't ask for more than that.

They turned in their Flair! projects yesterday, and I was amazed at how hard they had worked on them. They look great. You can see them on the wall outside my room when you visit me at Meet the Teacher Night on September 9th.

Our chief mission this year will be writing. Yes, we will read many stories and poems and articles, but the way in which we respond to these will be the key. Responding to text is a big part of what we will do, but we will also spend a fair amount of time writing personal narratives and an even bigger amount of time writing expository papers.

I will try to have all grades posted in Skyward by the end of the weekend.

If you haven't already done so, please email me at rick.lackey@gpisd.org so that I have a good email address for you. Or, call and leave your contact information in a voicemail at 972-522-3667.

And, as always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a great 3-day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment