Friday, September 19, 2014

Four Weeks Down!

We're almost at the halfway point of the 1st 9 weeks. Progress Reports go out at the end of this upcoming week.

Starting Monday, you MUST have a copy of A Separate Peace. Not an electronic version of it - the actual book. I'll go ahead and tell you now, your reading assignment on Monday will be to read Chapter 1. It's only about 10 pages, but we meet the main characters and get to know the setting.

At this very moment, I am downloading an audio copy of the book onto my iPod. I will play Chapter 1 in my room before school on Tuesday for anyone who happens to come to morning tutorials. I won't be there Monday to write you a pass, but your parents can write one. And it's Mrs. Duncan at the front door, so maybe she'll let you by.

We make our first trip to the library on Tuesday, but we won't be checking out books. Our reading time needs to be focused on the novel we are starting. In fact, be prepared for a quiz when I return on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend. I'll be in Denver to watch the Colorado Rockies play baseball. Maybe I'll post a picture or two. Don't be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment