Thursday, September 11, 2014

Three Week Assessment

(Sorry, Dylan. This one's for you.)

Today we wrote our first draft on a personal narrative about technology and how it influenced a decision you have made. This first draft will be scored this weekend and will count as a major grade (the Q1W3 Assessment). We won't be finished with it, however. We will discuss ways to revise our papers. Then we will have writing conferences where I give you specific feedback on your paper. After the conferences, you will revise your paper at least once, eventually writing a final copy.

Tomorrow, after we finish TPCASTTing "The Courage That My Mother Had", we will turn in both of the poems we have analyzed and then TPCASTT "Invictus" individually.

Soon, I have a book to read to you. It's short; we can read it in one day. We will try our hand at writing our own original poems. We still have a couple more poems to analyze in depth (TPCASTT).

The other thing is something new and special. I'm not going to tell you about it yet, but I CAN say that I'm looking forward to giving it a try. It should be fun.

We start reading A Separate Peace the week after next. Don't delay! Get your book now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr.lackey, see? I did see your blogSeptember 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM

    Hi Mr.Lackey, see? I did see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks alot Mr. Lackey

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete